With the weather as glorious as it is right now, its a great opportunity to switch off the screen and get the whole family outdoors.
We have rewarded our kids with some fabulous outdoor rewards recently which have kept them occupied for hours without an i-pad in sight! Our latest favourite has been 'Ant World' where the kids have collected, cared for an observed their very own ant family.
Another popular favourite has been 'My Fairy Garden' which my 4 year old adored making with her Daddy (as with all of the best rewards; the promise of one on one time with someone special is half of the treat!).
Obviously both of these are more expensive options, but for low cost / free fun check out our ideas below:
- Water accessories - many of the supermarkets sell cheap plastic, teapot & cup and saucer sets which can provide hours of fun in the garden with a tub of water
- An ice excavation - simply get a large plastic bowl and fill it with some water and a few, small, plastic toys then freeze overnight. For their reward; arm the kids with spoons and and get them to dig out their treasure
- A water fight - gather plastic cups and bowls and get out the hose - a family water fight is the stuff that memories are made of and trust me your children will never forget (see below for my very own soaking!)
- Paper aeroplanes - an afternoon spent making and flying paper airplanes is a hit with little boys and girls alike
- Family 'Ice cream sundae' making - make sure you provide lots of chopped up fruit and you will probably find that most of your kids 5 a day have gone down as well as the ice cream
- Bubbles - the simplest things are often the best and a 99p bubble wand is pretty much the most fun toy in the world (especially if the grown ups get a go!)